Friday, February 1, 2008

Other People's Junk


This week there has been been a lot of change going on here in my world (again!) The most dramatic has been the re-painting of the four story townhouse I live in. Gone is the four color mural on the living room/dining room/kitchen wall. Gone are the 17 different colors used throughout the space (this time I limited it to 6 total.) Great work by Jim and his crew at Capital City Contracting (678.794.1966 to reach Jim for a quote.) They have done work for my clients in the past, so I knew what I would be getting--quality work for a reasonable price. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive, but top notch work.
The other thing which is in the process of changing is the furniture in the house. I was missing several key pieces, and was on the hunt for inexpensive replacements. My friend Eileen is in the organization business (that's just the tip of the iceberg as far as what she can do for you) and I'll share more of that later when she gets her new business identity up and running. Eileen shared with me her favorite consignment furniture stores and took me shopping! I am so pleased with what we've found. Not everything is "antique" but everything has more personality than if I had gone to IKEA or Pottery Barn, etc. to locate functional pieces. And easier than running around to a bunch of yard sales. And the prices were not budget busters. This house is going to look so stunning I won't want to sell it! But, the good thing about the pieces of furniture we found, I'll be able to take them anywhere with me, and because I like them for what they ARE not just for what they can do for me, they will work in the future!


No comments: