Friday, June 15, 2007

Customer Service Done Right!.


OK, in the interest of full disclosure--this is not our actual new car. I thought Toyota's photo was better than anything I could take--look at that green grass and those puffy white clouds!
I want to give kudos to World Toyota and Tony Koonts for their excellent customer service. We went first to the Toyota dealer in Marietta because it was closer to us and we were just out to look. I'd not been in the Prius, though I did think it was a car I was interested in. Being an in-town realtor who actually lives the in-town lifestyle I wanted to continue to make a statement about taking up fewer resources and space (the Mini did great on the space, good on the resources, but not great BTW.) We were not up against any deadlines to purchase a replacement car for Winston, but we did want to look in case I found out that I didn't like the Prius and we were going to have to start back at the beginning.
So, because I don't like to be misled in my line of work, I extend the courtesy to others in their work. I told the sales person at the Marietta Toyota dealer that we were just looking and that it was quite possible that we would use a buying service through our credit union but that I would appreciate any time he was willing to give us so that we could learn about the car. He got the keys, let us look inside the car but balked at a test drive. His comment "I don't get paid by the hour." Okey-dokey. I thanked him for his time and left.
Tim convinced me to go to the another dealership off of Peachtree Industrial. I really didn't want to go, but we did. World Toyota welcomed us in and found us a sales associate. I told this guy, Tony, the same things I told the first guy. However, Tony chose to actualy engage us and told us about the Prius, suggested that the touring package would be too stiff for the in-town world of potholes and metal plates, let us go for a test drive and was just generally helpful without being rushed or forceful.
Tim and I liked Tony's approach so much that after lunch we decided that if World Toyota could give us the price we were looking for and the trade in value for Winston that we knew was fair we would try to buy a new Prius. Long story short, after scrambling to locate a car that fit our needs (correct finish package, interior color, acceptable exterior color,) World Toyota made it happen for us!
Now doesn't that guy in Marietta wish he had gone the extra mile for us?????

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Go Tony! That's a great story! I'm working on a name for your Prius, I'll get back to you on that ;)