Monday, June 4, 2007

This is what happens when you "Fiddle Around!"

Hurray--it came this week! Those of you who have been to our house will recognize a familiar wall and some familiar faces! What you are looking at is a 12" x 48" print on canvas adaptation of four different photos taken of our family of dogs created by the wonderful folks and artists at Photo Fiddle I've sent their info out to my friends with dogs before, but I really wanted to get the word out. What makes this piece of art so fantastic is that the first photo (on the green background) is of Bert, which was taken when he was about 13 yrs old at a photo studio on a white background. Being as he has a lot of white showing in this pose the first time I fiddled the photo on my own the composition didn't work right. (and he's not available for additional photo ops anymore.) Add to that the very dark Zoe who shows very little contrast in her photos and you can imagine it was a nightmare to create a composite piece which showed all the kids with as much personality as they have.

I got in touch with the service department at Photo Fiddle after receiving my first attempt at this piece, and Ira called me to see what the trouble was. In the end, because I've ordered from these folks a fair amount, they had an artist work with the photos I had so that we ended up with a more balanced, detailed canvas. Wow--what a treat to see the finished piece!

You can go to the website, download your own photos and play around with the different options they have for manipulating the image. It's quite fascinating. Ask Eileen to see the piece she did of Olivia. Even poor quality photos can be turned into striking pieces. People, pets, landscapes, abstract compositions can all be "fiddled" and turned into your own art, at very reasonable prices in a variety of sizes, either on canvas or on photographic paper. Go have fun fiddling!!

No comments: